Summer Concerts 2016

Summer Concerts 2016

Burke Cochran, Reporter

Summer is a fun time for students at Belvidere North; there’s the Boone County Fair, going to Chicago and various concerts many students attend.

“It was great! Everyone has such a kind energy at concerts and it’s one of the only places where you can talk to complete strangers and feel confident and comfortable about it,” said Sydney Skoff (‘19) who went to a 5 Seconds of Summer concert.

She joined 28,000 others in Tinley Park, IL at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheater. A memorable moment of the concert was when, at the end of the show, the band sang an older song as an encore. The lead singer, Luke Hemmings, then walked off stage and came within a close proximity of Skoff.

Skoff’s favorite moment of the show was when some of the fans of 5 Seconds of Summer put together a fan project to show their appreciation for the band. They held up signs from the crowds saying “Chicago Loves You.”

Lily Czechowicz (‘17) also attended a concert at Summerfest and while there saw Paul McCartney, who is still rocking even though he’s 74.

“Paul is 74 years old but he ran a three hour concert with no opening act,” said Czechowicz, “he had so much energy throughout the whole concert.” He performed a wide variety of songs from his albums, all the way from classics to his newer songs, and some Beatles tracks. The most memorable parts of the concert were when Paul McCartney sang a song for his wife Nancy, and sang songs in memory of John Lennon and George Harrison. With this heartfelt experience, it’s easy to tell why Czechowicz regards this as the best concert she had ever been to.

Lastly, Bridget Harris (‘18) went to go see her favorite band, Panic! At The Disco.   “Going to the concert was amazing. Panic! At the Disco has been my favorite band for years so I couldn’t wait to go.” She was joined by many other fans of the band, who all came for the summer tour of the band, joined by Weezer and Andrew McMahon. Like many others she was amazed how the music was able to bring so many people together. Harris says this was definitely one of the most memorable experiences of her life.