Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo

C2E2 ran from Friday April 21-23

C2E2 ran from Friday April 21-23

C2E2 ran from Friday April 21-23

Cassiana Pozzi, entertainment editor

The biggest comic and entertainment convention took place in Chicago’s McCormick Place. C2E2 welcomed fans of Marvel, DC Comics, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and more on April 21-23. I was only able to go on Saturday and Sunday and shop from vendors, take pictures, meet celebrities, and cosplay.

On Saturday, after being stuck in some traffic, my friend and I’s first thing to get to was the Agents of Shield panel with stars Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain de Caestecker. The oddest thing, when walking inside, was they never checked our badges, we practically got in for free. But the panel was a lot of fun because the two are hilarious, and we ended up getting really good seats. After the panel we were finally able to walk around the show floor to check out all of the vendors and see everyone who was cosplaying. My friend and I had dressed up; she was Scarlet Witch from Avengers: Age of Ultron and I was Selina Kyle/Catwoman from Gotham. I didn’t buy that much on the first day because my friend and I were a bit busy waiting in line for panels and for our photo op. We had to go to the photo op at around three and the wait to meet Iain de Caestecker wasn’t too long. We finally got inside the photo op booth and were directed ahead to meet him. Caestecker was incredibly nice to us and hugged us before we took our picture. It was really cool to meet someone who plays my favorite TV character. The rest of the day was spent walking around the main hall, talking to other fans, meeting my favorite youtuber, and I even had a small photo shoot with a photographer.

The next day my friend and I took a taxi back to the convention center for the last day, me cosplaying Rey from Star Wars. We had missed the Vincent D’Onofrio panel in the morning so we spent the entire day shopping and taking more pictures. My friend and I spent a lot of time at a section on the convention floor that was mostly for Star Wars fans. I had taken pictures with people cosplaying Darth Vadar, Stormtroopers, Luke Skywalker, Finn, and a realistic R2-D2 and BB-8. It was also really fun to take pictures with three little girls who were dressed as Disney princesses who loved my cosplay. Later that day, after shopping and checking out the artists, I dragged my friend to a Star Wars meetup that was in a small banquet room upstairs. My friend and I got to meet other Star Wars fans and we took a lot of pictures with other photographers who were there. The meetup didn’t last too long so as soon as we were done with that, we made another lap around the convention floor before leaving.

Overall C2E2 was the largest convention I had ever attended and I will, hopefully, be able to go next year as well. There was a lot of things to do, see, and buy which kept my friend and I busy for the weekend.