The best festivals in the midwest

Cassiana Pozzi, entertainment editor

During the summer, it may be hard to find something to do. But a simple solution could be a music festival right here in the midwest. Lollapalooza, Summerfest, and Pitchfork are just a few examples of the large music festivals that anyone could attend.

Lollapalooza is a Chicago annual music festival featuring popular alternative, heavy metal, punk rock, hip hop, and EDM bands and artists with also dance competitions, comedy performances, and art booths. The event takes place in Grant Park, Chicago and goes from August 3-6. The bigger artists performing there this year include Chance the Rapper, Lorde, The XX, The Killers, Big Sean, Migos, Rae Sremmurd, Cage the Elephant, and Tove Lo. People from all over the country travel into Chicago to enjoy the music and art that come from this event. Lollapalooza is known for selling out very quick but it isn’t impossible to get tickets now.

Another music festival this summer is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Summerfest takes up the weekends starting June 28-July 9. Summerfest is also an annual music festival that is held at the 75-acre Henry Maier Festival Park along the lakefront in Milwaukee. Some artists that will present at the music festival include Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Chainsmokers, Big Sean, Future, Migos, Flume, Alessia Cara, DNCE, Steve Aoki, and Walk the Moon. Tickets for this festival vary depending on the artist. Some artists can be seen with the general admission ticket but other artists will sell seperate tickets and perform at the American Family Insurance Amphitheater. Summerfest is one of the biggest music festivals in the country with, not only music, but with food, art, and other vendors.

Pitchfork is an annual alternative hip-hop and rock music festival in Union Park, Chicago on July 14-16. This music festival is much smaller than the other two but still has a lot of performers and other attractions. Some of the more popular performers include Solange, Vince Staples, Angel Olsen, LCD Soundsystem, and The Avalanches.

This summer there is a lot to do and a lot of great music that you can listen to live and these three music festivals are worth the roadtrip.