Hey there, demons, it’s me, ya boy.

You can watch Buzzfeed Unsolved on Youtube.

Cassiana Pozzi, Editor-in-Chief

The Zodiac Killer, The Black Dahlia, The murder of JonBenet Ramsey, The Illuminati, and The Bermuda Triangle are all shocking mysteries that have come back into the light after Ryan Bergara, Brent Bennett, and Shane Madej, all editors for Buzzfeed, created Buzzfeed Unsolved.

Buzzfeed Unsolved is a web-series that covers real life stories of unsolved crimes and other strange happenings. Bergara starts each mini episode off by telling the background story before jumping into popular theories that might explain what had happened. Madej, and occasionally Bennett, fill the role of being the realist sidekicks to Bergara while also giving the episode the needed humor to keep the videos more lighthearted.

And these guys don’t just sit behind a table and tell ghost stories.

The group had traveled out to places such as Salem, the Lizzie Borden house, and the Queen Mary ocean liner, which are all rumored to be haunted. When at each location, they go over the backstory, the possible crimes and hauntings associated with the place, and even do a little ghost hunting. In one of their videos, The Ghosts and Demons of Bobby Mackey’s, the internet found it’s new meme when Madej, while ghost hunting with Bergara, had said “Hey there demons, it’s me, ya boy.” With the internet reposting that screen cap from the popular series and everyone’s curiosity of these odd mysteries, Buzzfeed Unsolved is now one of the most talked about topics online.

So when stumbling across the Buzzfeed Blue youtube page, one can easily identify the playlist containing almost 40 videos. Some of the most popular uploads include “The Bizarre Death of Elisa Lam”, “The Secret Society of the Illuminati”, “The Creepy Real-life “Men in Black”” and “The Chilling Exorcism of Anneliese Michel”.

“The Bizarre Death of Elisa Lam” is the most watched Buzzfeed Unsolved video with over 15 million views. Bergara and Bennett travel to California’s Cecil Hotel to investigate the hotel where Lam was last seen alive. Lam was a tourist from Canada, and when staying in California, mysteriously disappeared. She was discovered floating face down, unclothed, in the hotel’s water tank. There are a few odd incidents that had occurred revolving this case; one being that video footage from the night she died showed her acting strangely, hiding in an elevator, and talking to someone who wasn’t there. Two, which is probably the grossest detail, was that she was only found after the people staying in the hotel complained about their water being a dark brown color and having a bad odor. And three was that nobody knows how she got up onto the roof in the first place, let alone got into the water tank. So what could have caused this event to occur? Bergara theorizes that maybe she had been hallucinating or under the influence, or even darker, she was either murdered or maybe the supernatural had a hand in this.

But just like all of the other mysteries, this case has many questions left unanswered and was ruled out by authorities. Many people still search for the truth, including families who want closure, but until then they remain unsolved.