Who will win it all?

Priscila Chavez, Reporter

Get your jerseys and your black stripes on your face because week one of the 2017 NFL season is coming. The NFL season consists of 32 teams, divided equally between the National Football Conference and the American Football Conference.The two teams that are starting the season off are, the Chiefs and the Patriots. The Kansas City Chiefs won against The New England Patriots by 15 points with the final score of 42-27.

The Chiefs have had 19 playoff appearances in the AFL and the NFL and won three AFL championships in 1962, 1966, 1969 and became the AFL team to defeat an NFL team in an AFL-NFL World Championship Game, when they defeated the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl IV. The Chiefs were also the second team (after the Green Bay Packers) to appear in more than one Super Bowl and the first to appear in the championship game in two different decades.

Meanwhile the Pats have had 24 playoff appearances (AFL and NFL) and have appeared in the Super Bowl nine times and, have become one of the most successful teams in NFL history, winning 14 AFC East titles in 16 seasons since 2001, without losing a season during that time period. The team owns the record for most Super bowls reached, seven and won five by a head coach quarterback tandem.

The preseason is the period each year when all the NFL teams play for four exhibition games before the actual season begins. Starting with the featured Pro Football Hall of Fame game in the start of August a total of five weekends of exhibition games are currently played in the NFL.The first game of the preseason started Aug.3 and ended at the end of the month. Being the first two teams to start out can be stressful, especially since everyone wants their team to win and the pressure is on for both the players and the fans watching.

“My favorite team is the bears and I hope they do good but honestly I don’t think they will, but I am excited to see Jay Cutler play on a different team (Miami Dolphins) this year because I  have no idea how he is gonna do and I am also excited to see Mitchell Trubisky play quarterback for the Chicago Bears this year since it is his “rookie season” and hopefully he does well.” Aaron Mitchell (‘19.)

Nobody really knows what will go down or what team will end up winning. But the only way for us to find out is to watch all the upcoming games or trying to do some predictions based on the team’s play history to see who could win that current game and possibly figure out the final winning team.