Kanye West Drama + Small Conspiracy Theory

Priscila Chavez, Reporter

Kanye West this Kanye West that it’s probably all you’ve heard throughout the media unless you’ve been living under a rock. The 40-year old American rapper that has been in the public eye and the press since the early 2000’s but, has freshly been a lot more than usual. Recently the rapper has been in a lot of controversy. But some fans think it’s a bunch of bologna for a publicity stunt to get a reaction out of people and publicity for new music or if he decides to actually run for president in 2020, to get the votes of the republican side, and others think the he has actually lost his mind and went mad. Fans of the rapper have also even made up conspiracy theories about him being tied into the movie “Get Out.” Where the main character, Rose played by Allison Williams her dad is a neurosurgeon and her mother is a hypnotherapist. The other main character, Chris played by Daniel Kaluuya, notices that he is Rose’s first African American boyfriend. The plot is basically that the family of Rose transplants the brains of “white people into black bodies.” Which is how the fans came up with the theory, Kanye West’s brain has been adapted to act “white.” With his recent tweets via Twitter West has been tweeting about how much he likes Donald Trump and posted a picture to Twitter with him wearing a signed “Make America Great Again” hat.

“I think he is using his “fame” to get an odd reaction out of people. And a lot of it doesn’t really make sense to me and to others because it sounds like he’s talking out of his butt like Donald Trump,” said Yesenia Vizguerra (‘20)

But the main controversy concerning West was while at a live interview at TMZ offices (Los Angeles, California) but only three minutes into the interview the West says “when you hear about slavery for 400 years, 400 years? That sound like a choice. Like, you was there for 400 years and it’s all of y’all?” and continues to ramble on about being mentally imprisoned until a TMZ employee steps in and confronts West about his comments and opinions. Van Lathan, the one who called out West on his “free thinker” thoughts, and says West is only displaying the “absence of thought,” etc.

“I personally have very different views than Kanye does, just as many other people do. Though my opinion won’t necessarily do anything in what he said about slavery being a choice, he put himself in a very negative light. There was probably a hundred other ways he could’ve  worded it to get whatever point he was trying to get across, but chose to put himself in something as controversial as modern day politics, knowing how much attention it would bring him,” said Georgie Rodriguez (‘19).