Spring Choir Concert

Camille Spencer, Reporter

The school year is coming to an end, which for choir students, means their final concert and also, awards. On May 1, all the choirs joined at the PAC and performed tremendous songs that they have been working on for a while. Most choirs sang at least one song that they did for the IHSA contest, and towards the end of each choirs set of songs, they would present Mr.Eckman with a plaque of the division that they scored for IHSA. Other awards were presented throughout the night like solo awards, IMEA awards, and choir board and Tri-M member recognition.

Since this was basically the ending of major performances for the year, that also meant that it was the senior’s last time stepping on stage as choir students of Belvidere North. Dr. Vermillion awarded every senior with a plaque that included their name and the choirs they were involved in throughout the years. This year was a little more special as well. Dr. Vermillion has done so much for his students, so the seniors thought it would be nice to give thanks back to him, while also giving him a nice goodbye present. The seniors presented Dr. Vermillion with his favorite candy, and a giant blanket that read “2018” on the back with all the seniors names on it.

To finish the night off, all students and audience members sat together and got to enjoy a slideshow created by Natalie Abramat.(19’) The slideshow is presented every year and goes through different pictures that include seniors, or that seniors have took. While the presentation is playing, Dr. Vermillion also sings a song. The students then all gather around on stage and perform a song called “For as long as I have music.” The last choir concerts are always the most heartfelt and we wish all the seniors the best of luck for their future.