The Last Day of School

Mariana Cardoso, reporter

The last day of school is less than a week away and we can’t wait. You’re lying if you say you haven’t been counting down the days since spring break. All that’s left to do is get through Monday and Tuesday. Which won’t be too difficult since most classes are watching movies.

To everyone’s disappointment, the last day of school won’t be a shorten day like it has been in the past years. We will have a full day, due to the snow day we had back in December.

“I don’t mind the longer day, yeah it would have been better to get out early but its the last day, after that we don’t have to come back,” said Sidney Smith (‘20)

Students used the shorter day to get a head start on summer plans. Like what to do after school to celebrate summer. Most students head out to eat after school. The most popular spot to go out to eat is Mcdonald’s. Some students have been going to Mcdonald’s after the last day of school since they’ve been in middle school. It has now become a common tradition among their peers. Other honorable places students go out to eat are Culver’s, Subway and Pizza Hut.

“Mcdonald’s is close by and convenient, It’s not a far walk from school and that’s why on the last day of school the street is loaded with kids walking to McDonald’s. I used to go there when I was in middle school but this year I’m getting Little Caesars and going down to Dari Ripple with my friends,” said Christina Petges (‘20).

Bonfires are common as a well popular activity during the summer, it’s also an excuse to burn all homework assignments from the year. Like that three page paper, your teacher assigned instead of a final.

Not coming to school on the last day is also an idea, why come when there’s nothing left. Skipping and absences are sure to be common next week. Some might even miss Monday and Tuesday to go on vacation for the summer.

No matter how you spend the last day of school, it would just be relieving to know you won’t have to do any school work for the next three months.