Girl’s volleyball Undefeated

The girls varsity volleyball team has been off to a great start this season.  The girls have been undefeated so far, unlike their rocky start last year losing the first five games.   Even though the start was rough, the girls managed to end the season off well and finish strong.

Over the weekend they competed in the BNHS tournament, the girls had high expectations for themselves and were able to accomplish them becoming champs for the second year in a row.

“At the BNHS tournament we went in confident and ready to win.  We went 5-0 in the tournament to win for the second year in a row.  Everyone got their job done and had great all around playing. We also had a lot of support from several students who came to watch a few of our games, which gave us a lot of hope that we could win it,” said Bryn Cottrell(‘19).  

Due to their amazing start, the girls are really looking forward to going farther than last year.  Last season the girls started their winning streak in September and kept it going until October when they lost to Palatine and Antioch.  Instead of giving up the they worked even harder to finish ona good note.

“The season has been going great.  We are undefeated in conference and 19-2 overall.  We are really excited and confident for the rest of the year, for regionals, and even beyond.  We strongly believe we can go a lot further than last year,” said Brooke Messenger(‘19).

The team’s roster is made up of 14 hard working girls, with most of them being upperclassmen they have high expectations to go far this season.  The team aso has two underclassmen which are Kaitlin Lieder(‘22) and Rachel Scott(‘22).

“Being a freshman on varsity is very exciting.  I get to compete for my school and play volleyball at the same time.  The upperclassmen have been really positive towards me and accepting. They have definitely made the transition to high school easier and less stressful.  I’m really excited for the rest of the season and believe were going to do good things, said Scott.

Overall, the girls varsity volleyball team has had a great season so far and are looking forward to get even better.  Make sure to show your school pride and come support the girls at their upcoming games.