NFL Recap Through Week 9

Caden Brannan, Reporter

The NFL has just wrapped up week nine of the regular season with the Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Rams, and the New Orleans Saints are the only teams with one loss. The Chiefs and Rams are 8-1 while the Saints are 7-1.

The Saints are lead by their star running back Alvin Kamara and their quarterback Drew Brees. Alvin Kamara has 490 rushing yards on 111 carries, he is averaging just over four yards a carry. He has nine rushing touchdown in only eight games this year, but he is also one of the Saints’ leading receivers. He has 427 receiving yards and 3 receiving touchdowns on 51 receptions this season. The Saints have a Hall of Fame quarterback in Drew Brees, and he has shown why he’s one of the best this year. He has 2,336 passing yards and 18 passing touchdowns this season through eight games.

The Kansas City Chiefs have had an unexpected start to the season and the biggest  reason is their second year quarterback Patrick Mahomes. He has had historic numbers to start the season. He has 2,901 passing yards and 29 passing touchdowns on 317 attempts through nine games. As a team they are averaging just over 36 points, 433.4 yards per game, 315.9 passing yards per game and 117.6 rushing yards per game. Their points per game, total yards per game, and their passing yards per game are all in the top three in the league. Kareem Hunt leads the team with 683 rushing yards. And Tyreek Hill is the team’s leading receiver with 774 receiving yards. Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill both have seven touchdowns on the season.

The Los Angeles Rams are one of the most explosive teams in the league. The Rams are ranked in the top five in the NFL in points per game, yards per game, passing yards, and rushing yards. They are lead by their running back Todd Gurley, he is projected to be the offensive MVP this season. He has 868 rushing yards on 182 carries, which puts him as the leading rusher in the NFL by about 150 yards. Gurley has 12 rushing touchdowns, which is the most in the NFL, the next highest is Kareem Hunt with seven. The Rams are also lead by their young quarterback, Jared Goff. This is Goff’s third season as the Rams quarterback and he is playing some of his best football right now. He has thrown for 20 touchdowns and 2,816 yards, which are both ranked number two in the NFL.