Thank U, Next.

Marissa Johnson, Reporter

With the recent release of Ariana Grande’s new song titled Thank you, Next. She bravely sings out about her vulnerability by publicly addressing all of her ex’s by name before coming to the conclusion that what’s most important for her right now, in light of everything she’s been through over the past couple of years; is the relationship she has with herself. The song features lines about four of her ex’s Big Sean, Ricky Alvarez, Mac Miller and of course, Pete Davidson.

Ariana recently took to Twitter because of her annoyance with ex-fiancé Pete Davidson, who alluded to their breakup in promos for Saturday Night Live. “Thank u, next” was Grande’s polite but firm way of saying she was done talking about Pete Davidson and that she was moving on. On Saturday night; just a half-hour before Saturday Night Live airs, Ariana Grande released her new single called,“Thank U, Next.”

The release of the single led to Pete Davidson saying at the end of one of his sketches, “The last thing I will say is I know some of you are curious about the break-up. The truth is it’s nobody’s business, and sometimes things just don’t work out. And that’s okay. She’s a wonderful, strong person, and I genuinely wish her all the happiness in the world.” This isn’t the first time Pete has opened up about their split; a couple of weeks ago he took to the stage at a comedy show in LA and told the audience: “Well, as you could tell, I don’t want to be here. There’s a lot going on” in reference to his very public split, before poking fun at the fact he’d moved out of Ariana’s apartment. “Does anyone have any open rooms?”, he continued. “Looking for a roommate?”

Ariana’s former back-up dancer Ricky, who she dated for a year back in 2015, has reacted to the lyrics in an Instagram video. Ricky has a line in the verse in which Ariana says “Wrote some songs about Ricky; Now I listen and laugh. Even almost got married, And for Pete, I’m so thankful. Wish I could say ‘Thank you’ to Malcolm, ’Cause he was an angel.”

Ariana also took to Instagram stories to apologise to her ex Ricky for giving him the worst line. Ariana revealed that Ricky and Big Sean had actually heard ‘Thank U, Next’ before the rest of the world. After someone tweeted about them hearing the song, Ariana replied saying they listened to it before it was released, so the lyrics didn’t come as that much of a surprise. “they heard it before it came out 🖤:)”