Live action Disney movies coming to you

Live action Disney movies coming to you

Priscila Chavez, Reporter

These days it seems like another live-action Disney movie trailer comes out. So, good news if you’re a big fan of Disney movie classics. The beans have been spilled about all the upcoming live-action movies that are soon to be released. And here is the list on the Disney classics that are to be released, to be determined, and to be announced.

The most recent live-action movie Beauty and The Beast which came out on March 17, 2017. This Disney classic which featured Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as Beast.

Christopher Robin which came out only three months ago on August 3, 2018, is based off the OG movie, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh which originally came out in 1977.

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms was only released early this month, on the second of November. The new movie is supposed to be a sequence from Fantasia which was the original animated film that came out almost 80 years ago in 1940. The movie has been described as a mix of “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Chronicles of Narnia.”

The next 4 upcoming movies will all be released in 2019. Dumbo is to arrive to theaters in March 2019, which is obviously based on the original Dumbo from 1941. The fantasy movie will be directed by the classical Tim Burton. The official trailer for the big floppy eared Dumbo went live via Youtube during the summer of  2018.

“I can’t wait for the movies to be released because it’s interesting to see animated movies to come to life,” said Jenny Martinez (‘19).

Aladdin based off the 1992 version will come to theaters in May 2019. The casts for the movie has already been realized, Princess Jasmine will be played by Naomi Scott who is a 25-year-old British actress. You might remember her from when she was on Disney Channel’s “Lemonade Mouth,” where she played a character named “Mo.”

The live-action version of The Lion King is set to be an adventure/musical. The iconic “BEYONCE?!” is set to be playing Nala.  It will be in theaters July 19 also in 2019 and is directed by Jon Favreau.

Now for the 2020 films. Mulan and Maleficent II are both set to come out in Spring of 2020. Mulan will be directed by Niki Caro who is a film director from New Zeland. Caro will be the director recreating the 1998 version of Mulan, in which a young woman disguises herself as a man in order to fight against invaders who are in Mulan’s hometown of China to attack. If you are into thriller movies then this film sounds like the perfect mix of adventure and Disney-ness.

Maleficent II is a fantasy and adventure type of movie. Maleficent will be played by Angelina Jolie, in which Jolie is also a producer to the movie along with Joe Roth. But will be directed by the Norweign film director, Joachim Ronning.

“I am a really big fan of the original Disney animated movies, so seeing the live action ones sounds exciting to see how the cast will look like and if any changes will be made,” said Lesley Melendez (‘19).

Although these are a lot, almost too many dates you just read if you really want to be prepared for their screenings you should grab your calendars and mark down all the dates.