NFL Week 10 Recap

Caden Brannan, Reporter

The NFL has just wrapped up week nine of the regular season with the Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Rams, and the New Orleans Saints are the only teams with one loss. The Chiefs and Rams are 9-1 while the Saints are 8-1.

The Saints are lead by their star running back Alvin Kamara and their quarterback Drew Brees. Alvin Kamara has 546 rushing yards on 123 carries, he is averaging just over four yards a carry. He has 11 rushing touchdown in only nine games this year, but he is also one of the Saints’ leading receivers. He has 473 receiving yards and 3 receiving touchdowns on 55 receptions this season. The Saints have a Hall of Fame quarterback in Drew Brees, and he has shown why he’s one of the best this year. He has 2,601 passing yards and 21 passing touchdowns this season through nine games.

The Kansas City Chiefs have had an unexpected start to the season and the biggest  reason is their second year quarterback Patrick Mahomes. He has had historic numbers to start the season. He has 3,150 passing yards and 31 passing touchdowns on 345 attempts through ten games. As a team they are averaging just over 35 points, 423.1 yards per game, 305.5 passing yards per game and 117.6 rushing yards per game. Their points per game, total yards per game, and their passing yards per game are all in the top four in the league. Kareem Hunt leads the team with 754 rushing yards. And Tyreek Hill is the team’s leading receiver with 891 receiving yards. Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill both have 18 combined touchdowns on the season.

The Los Angeles Rams are one of the most explosive teams in the league. The Rams are ranked in the top five in the NFL in points per game, yards per game, passing yards, and rushing yards. They are lead by their running back Todd Gurley, he is projected to be the offensive MVP this season. He has 988 rushing yards on 198 carries, which puts him as the leading rusher in the NFL by about 150 yards. Gurley has 13 rushing touchdowns, which is the most for a running back in the NFL, the next highest is James Conner with ten. The Rams are also lead by their young quarterback, Jared Goff. This is Goff’s third season as the Rams quarterback and he is playing some of his best football right now. He has thrown for 22 touchdowns and 3,134 yards, which are both ranked number two in the NFL.

One of these teams will have two losses at the end of week 11, because the Rams and Chiefs face off in Los Angeles. It is expected to be a high scoring game with both teams having the top offensive talent in the league.