Girl’s Basketball

Girl’s Basketball

The girls basketball has had a great season and are looking forward to their last couple of games.

North played Hononegah Saturday, January 12 at home.  The girls took a hard fought loss of 56-76. The team calls it a “game of runs” because it would always go back and forth between each team that would score.

The girls played Guilford Tuesday, January 15 at home. The final score was 59-38.  It was a good win with Madison Dierkes (‘20) having 18 points and Brianna Lake (‘19) having 23.

The girls played Harlem for a second time Thursday, January 17 at home.  In the end, they came out with a win 58-36.

“We’ve played almost everyone in the NIC 10 twice, and only have lost to hono and Boylan! Regionals is coming up next week and we hope to see Boylan again one last time! First game for regionals is against Jefferson, big dubs only, said Sam Allen (‘20).

The team took on Rockford East Friday, February 1 at home on senior night.  The two seniors are Ashlyn Rose (‘19) and Lake. The girls had a good game and came out with a 55-32 win over East.

“My senior night was an amazing combination of my friends, family and teammates, all who have made my basketball career what it is and have been apart of the journey. I was lucky enough to get to share my senior night with my best friend who has pushed me to be the best player I can be these past four years.  It was the perfect night to celebrate all our accomplishments. I’ll always remember the best times of my life was playing in that gym. Roll thunder, said Ashlyn Rose (‘19).

The girls faced Boylan Saturday, February 2 at Boylan.  They took a loss but are looking forward to seeing them again.  It definitely wasn’t their best game of the year. They were right with  them in the beginning but they let them get a lead that they weren’t able to catch up to.  It was Boylan’s senior night and they had a huge crowd, which the noise and cheering get into their heads.  

North played Jefferson Monday, February 4 at Jefferson.  Coming back from the Boylan game, the girls won 56-13.

Come support the girls as they take on Belvidere on Thursday, February 7 at 7pm.