6th Grader Arrested for NOT stating Pledge of Allegiance

Justin Trimble, reporter

A sixth-grader in Florida was arrested after his refusal to participate in the Pledge of Allegiance escalated into a confrontation with police and school officials.

The student was charged with disrupting a class and school functions. Also was charged for resisting an officer without violence.

The incident started when the student stated that the flag was racist and that the pledge was offensive. The situation only escalated from there.

After the student made his opinion clear the substitute teacher stated “why if it was so bad here he did not go to another place to live.” the student replied to this statement with “They brought me here.” the teacher fired back with, “you can always go back” then called the office not wanting to deal with the 12-year-old.

The school did not respond for a comment but they stated to a local newspaper that their school does not require students to say the pledge of allegiance. The substitute was unaware of this, And she no longer works with the district.

After the confrontation, the student was asked to calm down by the student dean and refused to leave the room after being asked several times. The school resource officer was then caught in the crossfire and the student exited the room creating disturbances and threats across the halls.

The student’s mother stated that her son was in the right and he hadn’t made any threats to anyone. She also made it clear that her son was in the right and that she will always stand up for his rights.