Belvidere North Boys Track Starts Their Outdoor Season

CHRIS ANDERSON

CHRIS ANDERSON

CHRIS ANDERSON

Caden Brannan, Reporter

After wrapping up a very good indoor season, North went to Cary Grove for their first outdoor meet of the year. North was led by Max Buetel(‘20), who took first in the 1600 meter run, and Tristan Powers(‘22), who took seventh in the 100 meter sprint and he took ninth in the 200 meter dash. Caden McNulty(‘22) joined Max Buetel with a fourth place finish in the 1600 meter run. North’s Miles Vining(‘19) also took fourth in the 800 meter run with a time of 2:06:81. In the 3200 meter run, North had top ten finishes from Nick Lenzen(‘22) and Aiden Massman(‘20). Aleczander Hodzic(‘20) took eighth place in the 110m and 300m hurdles. And for the field events, North had a top ten finish from Jonathon Powell(‘19) in discus and Hayden Zaluckyj(‘21) finished in seventh in high jump. R.J Fashingbauer placed second in pole vault with a height of 10-06.00. Rico Alcantara(‘20) and Allen Johnson(‘22) both took third in triple jump and long jump.     

North then travelled to Buffalo Grove for their next meet, they struggled to score points as they came in eighth out of nine teams.Max Beutel led North as he took first place in 1600 meter run for the second meet in a row. Zander Casis(‘20) also took tenth place in the 1600 meter run. And North’s triple jumpers brought in a lot of points for North as Matt Albrecht(‘19) and Rico Alcantara(‘20) took fourth and seventh place. And in high jump Zach Sederquist(‘19) and Jayden Mitchell(‘19) took fifth and eighth place. On the track North’s Nolan Hawkes(‘19) and Zach Sederquist took sixth and tenth in the 400 meter run. Elliot Powers(‘20) was able to get seventh in the 100 meter dash and Thomas Wenger(‘19) took ninth in the 200 meter dash. North got another top ten finish from Noah Anderson as he took ninth in the 800 meter run. And Steve Brown(‘20) took ninth in the 3200 meter run. In hurdles, Cal Taylor(‘20) took ninth in the 110 meter hurdles and Andrin Fahrig(‘20) took eighth place in the 300 meter hurdles. And in pole vault, Dakota Westman placed in seventh. North’s 4x200 team took third and their 4×800 team took sixth.

North’s next meet was an eight team meet at Glenbard South. They were led by Michael Standish(‘19), who took second in shot put. Joey Epps(‘20) and Ramiro Verastegui(‘20) joined Standish in the top ten for shot put. North was able to get another second place finish from Josh Triplett(‘20) in long jump. North also had two top five finishes in the 800 meter run, as Zander Casis and Myles Vining took third and fourth. And in the 100 meter dash, Elliot Powers took fourth out of 16. Nolan Hawkes took seventh in the 400 meter run, and Max Beutel took sixth in the 1600 meter run. Aiden Massman also placed in the top ten in the 3200 meter run. North’s Matt Albrecht took eighth in the 110 meter hurdles and Aleczander Hodzic also placed in the top ten in the 300 meter hurdles. North also had all four of their relay teams placed sixth or better. And in discus, Jonathon Powell took ninth out of 18 throwers. Jack Walbaum(‘20) was able to take sixth in pole vault and Matt Albrecht tied for seventh in triple jump.