Scribe Magazine’s second edition

Scribe Magazine’s second edition

Citlalli Perez, News Editor

Scribe Literary Magazine’s second edition is published and ready to be sold to the student body. The release of the first publication during mid-March impacted a minor set back to the team of seven editors and writers. The team had to navigate through a data-based software called InDesign. The newest version of InDesign made sharing the layouts difficult amongst others since there was only one flash drive.

The deadline to distribute the newest magazine to the seniors is past due, but the team still plans on selling the magazine in the remaining week and a half of school, over the summer, and carry on selling it out to the start of the next school year.

Scribe’s Spring 2019 Magazine has a combined total of 30 pages which consists of poems, photography, digital art, and short stories. The pages of the newest edition are much thicker and finer quality than the first edition. Although the quality has improved in the past months, delays in the software itself caused the formatting to “bleed”, which means a few things were in places they were not supposed to be in.

Even though submitting short stories, poems, song lyrics, and photography is finished, students were still able to present their creations in Scribe’s second Open-Mic Night. The open-mic night took place on May 21 in the Black Box theater. Food and drinks were provided for anyone in attendance.

Hunter Gillipies (‘20) performed an original rap song titled “Scream rain”.

Alyssa Aarvig (‘21) recited a poem entitled “To my Depression”.

Dayanara Rosas (‘21) recited “Brother.”

To fill in open time slots, Scribe members went on to recite poetry from the latest edition.

Citlalli Perez recited “Flashbacks, Doubt, Mindset, Escaping” by Nora Menz (‘22).

Ithzel Perez recited a few poems as well.

All in all, the Scribe Open-Mic Night could have used more student volunteers. The Scribe team is currently accepting work for next year’s fall edition. Contact any Scribe member for any questions or concerns.