Fall Sport Preview

Fall Sport Preview

Andre Brown, Reporter

Belvidere North is very excited to kick off the new school year and have their fall sports take action with volleyball having their first game August 27 at Guildford High School. They are very excited to start their season off right with a win so they can remain NIC-10 Champs. Belvidere North varsity girl’s volleyball has are four seniors, two juniors, and five sophomores on the team this year. Key returning starters are Kaitlin Leider (‘22),  captain Ella Ruder(‘20), and Jayden Flynn(‘22) 

“We are very excited about this year and with this being my second year on varsity I have developed my skills a ton and I am ready for our first game. ”With having an amazing season last year and having the team we had last year, yes we did lose some players due to girls being seniors but our team and coaches believe in us and so do I. We are looking forward to this year and hope to win a regiona,’’ said Kaitlin Leider(‘22).

Every student is very excited to see high school football is back and Belvidere North Varsity team is ready to tackle the season and prove that they are still a top team in the Nic-10. Their season opener is against East High at  Guildford football field August 30. North Football have some key returning starters Elliot Powers(‘20) , Zach Matzal (‘20), Trevor Dawson (’20), Josh Triplett (’20),  Joey Epps (’20) and quarterback Holden Paddock (’20). In addition to those returning starters, North has 33 seniors on the field this season.

According to Caden Brannan (’20), “We are excited to start week one after a long and hard working summer and we just ready to see where this season goes”. Having nothing but high expectations and a lot of excitement for Friday night lights, Belvidere North football  is ready to see what our team has in store this year. 

Another major sport at North is our boys varsity golf. This year Bennett Baker (‘20) is returning for his last high school golf season. Having their second golf match August 30 will be the real deal one due to other matches being cancelled. There are eight players on varsity this year and their  two captains are Bennett Baker(‘20) and Ian Hartle (‘20). Bennett Baker(‘20) went to state last year and he expects nothing less for himself .  

North also has girl’s golf, girl’s tennis, boy’s soccer and girl’s swim kicking of their seasons. Check back for more updates on these teams once the season gets rolling. We hope to see everyone in the student section on Friday nights cheering the Blue Thunder on to victory.