Antonio Brown

Antonio Brown

Michael Paddock, Reporter

During the 2019 NFL offseason, Antonio Brown had many altercations and conflicts.  It all started when Antonio Brown was traded from the Pittsburgh Steelers to the Oakland Raiders for a third and fifth round draft pick.  He originally wanted to go to the New England Patriots from the Steelers, but the Steelers did not want to give the star receiver to their rival.  When Antonio Brown arrived in Oakland he had seemed happy to be there but as time went by, he had more problems.

The major conflict Antonio Brown had was his helmet issue.  He had complained to the team and league about him needing a special helmet he has used since high school.  He threatened that he will not play until he had his helmet. Antonio also was using a cyrotherapy machine and he stayed in for too long, it caused “extreme frostbite” on the bottom of his feet.  

After all of these issues he had come out and he said he doesn’t want to be in Oakland.  Due to this he had stopped going to practice, the team and staff were not happy about his actions.  As a result of him not going to practice, Antonio Brown was fined nearly $54,000 on August 15, 2019.  Antonio was later released by the Oakland Raiders and he had become a free agent. He then chose to sign with the New England Patriots.  Recently, Antonio Brown’s former college classmate and athletic trainer had accused Antonio Brown of rape. She said the incidents took place in 2017 and 2018.  The lawsuit was filed Tuesday September 10, 2019, in the Southern District of Florida. But Antonio Brown has not been charged for anything and he is still eligible for the Patriots.