Homecoming Events

Homecoming Events

Brynn Eubanks, Reporter

A time to get together with all your friends and have a good time. From fun events and dressing up, homecoming is always one to remember. 

There are many traditions that are looked forward to every year. Throughout the week there are different ways to get involved.

A new tradition is starting this year! An award is given to the class with the most pride by the end. Points are added up to rule out the class award that sits amid there bay that next week. Sunday,  5-7 p.m. at the school is the best opportunity to start earning class points. 

This is a fun first activity to get all your friends and decorate your class lockers with posters and streamers, remember the more creative the more points! 

We all know how hard it is to wake up on Monday mornings, so let’s just stay in our pajamas and have a lazy day. Get your energy up from a relaxing day and go to game night!

Filled with many different options, each class competes and has the choice to join, you can go cheer on your peers as well. This is also a way to win points for the big prize.

Tuesday is class color day! Round up as many people in your class to wear the assigned color to rack up points for the week. Freshman should be decked out in pink! 

Have on your green attire sophomores! All shades of blue for the juniors! Show up in your best togas seniors! 

Everyone that wears their class color on Tuesday will add points to the ongoing total! Don’t forget Tennis Tuesday, the first 50 students that show up with their student ID are guaranteed a special prize. Come out to the Tennis Courts at North to receive your prize and enjoy the girl’s Tennis game from 6-8 p.m.

Disney is the happiest place on earth so let’s bring it to North! Dress up as your favorite Disney character on Wednesday to gain points! 

From Disney Channel to old Disney classics, there are so many characters to choose from! You can even DIY your Disney outfit to make it your style!

After a day at Disney, come out to North to support the girl’s volleyball game! The Freshman game starts at 5, JV starts 6, and Varsity starts at 7 against Guilford. 

Gather more points by bringing in canned food. Every can adds a point and goes towards your class spirit points.

Throwback Thursday, also known as decades day! Let’s go back in time, to any era of your choice! 

From bell bottoms to scrunchies, there are many different options as to trends in the past to choose from.

Once the school day ends and living in the past it’s time to come on down to Mainstreet. The annual homecoming parade is put on there from 5:30-6:30, filled with sports, band, and homecoming court.

The day isn’t over yet! Head back to the school for the powder puff games. Freshman vs. Sophomores start at 5:30, and Juniors vs. Seniors start at 7:30. Go support your class wearing class colors as worn on Tuesday.

The best day of the week, Friday! North bleeds red, blue, and gold, so show the spirit at school. 

The Homecoming Queen and King are announced at the assembly so you won’t want to miss it. The Varsity Football game starts at 7:15 against Auburn, so keep your North colors on and show your pride!

The final event everyone has been waiting for Homecoming! The Dance starts at 7 and doors open at 6:30! Tickets are now available and are selling during all lunch periods. 

You won’t want to miss out this year!