Fun Fall Festivities

Fun Fall Festivities

Lily Bakulski, News Editor

Imagine this. Students in school are finally in the groove and everyone is getting ready for the seasons to change. The first football game is always warm, but the farther into the season it gets, the colder it becomes. The leaves start to change colors, football season starts to get more serious, the rain starts to fall and the summer wind transitions to a cooler breeze. It is finally fall here in Belvidere and the town gets busy.

Edward’s Apple Orchard is said, by the people, to be the best and most fun thing to do in the fall. Apple cider donuts, fresh honey crisp apples, the smell of pumpkin spice are all things that Edward’s is known for. At the orchard, families gather to enjoy the festive music and the delicious apple pie and ice cream. Kaci Tomman (’20) who is an employee for the orchard said, “I love working at the apple orchard because it has a great atmosphere and I love serving the guests of the community.” You can also go on an apple picking ride through the orchard and pick your own apples and little kids can go on pony rides as well. Edward’s Orchard starts to let their employees go around Halloween because business starts to slow down and the orchard fully closes around Thanksgiving. Edward’s is open everyday from 9 a.m-6 p.m. and in November they are open everyday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The Pumpkin Patch located in Caledonia, Illinois is a hot spot for picking pumpkins and taking little kids to dress up in their favorite costumes. They are open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. through October 31. 

Located in Belvidere, Illinois the Karnival of Karnage is a haunted house that is said to be a good experience and super fun. A lot of friend groups attend and make memories while strolling through the haunted stables at the Boone County Fairgrounds. The haunted house is only open on the weekends. Friday and Saturday they are open from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. and on Sunday, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Although this time of year it starts to get cold and the snow is on its way, Belvidere and the surrounding areas are full of fun things to do with friends and family. Whether it is going to the orchard or getting chased by a chainsaw, memories are made to last through the cold harsh winter.