Belvidere North Cheer

Belvidere North Cheer

Brynn Eubanks, reporter

On December 8, North Comp Cheer started their run at defending their three-time state title. During the first meet at Crystal Lake Central, all three levels for North competed.

This year North’s freshman team division took first place with a hit of zero deductions.

Jv large competed shortly after freshman and took first place also.

The Coed division took 2nd place behind Lakes High School.  North is not used to finishing anything other than first place so they will look to bounce back from this meet. Olivia Kuss(20) says,

“Being a multiple time state champion team, competing for the first time at the beginning of a new season, every single member of the team has a target on their back. Nobody wants you to win anymore. And to be honest no one really cares what happened last year. Personally I think we went out timid and definitely didn’t put out our best performance. Placing second sparked a fire in everyone and made us never want to feel the feeling of defeat again. We are using our placement as a motivation. We are striving for perfection to put out our best performance at Coed Challenge and looking ahead to keep growing as a team.”

North’s next Varsity Coed competition is the  Coed Challenge at Belvidere North High School on December 20. Jv and freshman will compete at Rolling Meadows High School on January 20.