Bnorth Cheer Back on Top

Bnorth Cheer Back on Top

Brynn Eubanks, reporter

Belvidere North Cheer is back on top when all three of their teams won this weekend. 

Varsity made a comeback this weekend by taking first place at both competitions this weekend. The team had back to back competitions at Lake Zurich on Saturday and Buffalo Grove on Sunday. 

Athlete Caiden Kimerly (‘21) on the Varsity cheer team, said, “I think going into this weekend, the team was really striving for a win to get back on top. We had some nerves going into Lake Zurich and we were happy that we got first, but we knew we could’ve had better energy. So we made sure to give it our all at Buffalo Grove. We had some great competitors at Buffalo Grove so it felt great to take home a win, but we won’t settle for a .13 score difference as we had with South Elgin on Sunday. Now we just have to keep pushing for an even higher score and high energy performances.”

Large JV and freshman performed at Buffalo Grove both placing first in their divisions. The freshman team is still undefeated so far this season. 

This was a great weekend for BNorth Cheer! There is more to come as all three teams perform this Saturday at Grayslake High School. Freshman perform at 8:15 a.m., Jv performs at 10:27 a.m., and Varsity at 4:18 p.m.. Come out and show your support!