Talent show

Sadie Cooper, Reporter

Over the weekend, Belvidere High School and Belvidere North High School had their annual talent show. There were 10 acts that night. One of the acts from North was a group of students that did something called the Four Corners of Disney. The students’ names are Liam Torbert (‘21), Blake LaBarge (‘21), Ethan Kay (‘21), Jake VanAnrooy (‘21), Austin Biel (‘21), Joe Marrone (‘20) and Adam Belinson (‘21). The Four Corners of Disney act was when they played different music from Disney movies like Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel, and Regular Disney movies. 

Some of the other acts were Tyler Johnson (‘21), Will Savage (‘21), Cael Hall

Rock band who played, I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor, by the Arctic Monkeys. Natalie Olson (‘20)  performed the song “By the Stars.” Nico Rojas (‘23) who played guitar and Jose Ruiz (‘20), Spencer Huhta (‘20) and Miguel Orendain played Thrash Metal, Master of Puppets, by Metallica.

“I think the talent show went well, I hope we can have more people from North represent us at the talent show next year. My favorite part of the show was the crowd’s reaction after we finished our act,” said Torbert. 

This year’s talent show was hosted at the PAC and was packed full of people from both schools that had come to support the people in the talent show.  

The majority of people in attendance thought Belvidere North had better acts since Belvidere North had different acts and played different instruments. “I wish the crowd was more enthusiastic like last year,” said Ruiz.

This cross-town talent show allows students to showcase their talents and is a positive outlet for performers to get in front of a crowd and let loose.